Billing RV glass and invoices with duplicate parts.
Same... but NOT the same?
Jobs for vehicles such as RVs, buses and large trucks can require two windshields. Other work can also require that similar parts be used when replacing glass.
However, the auditing logic contained in our online invoicing tool is designed to reduce the likelihood of billing errors. For this reason, it will not accept the same part type twice.
Follow the guide below when billing for RVs or invoices which contain more than one of the same part type.
RECREATIONAL VEHICLE GLASS:
Motorhome parts can be selected from the drop-down menu.
- Windshields (MOTORHOMEWS) can be selected
- Some jobs may require that you select Left and/or Right Windshield (MOTORHOMEWSL / MOTORHOMEWSR)
- Kits are also accessible for selection
Not finding the part you're looking for?
- Add any part by selecting MISC/Other from the drop-down menu
*If invoicing a part this way, any kits will need to be added on a separate line, as MISCKIT
• In instances where two similar parts need to be submitted, you’ll need to bill the second part as MISC INVENTORY (or ‘Other’)
• If it was a glass part, add the part number in the description field. Labor can also be added.
• If a 2nd kit needs to be added, please bill it under the 2nd windshield – selecting MISCKIT as the part. Type the kit type in the description field.
(Example parts and rates)
These steps will not only work with windshields, but can be used anytime you need to add similar parts to your invoice!
When possible, add the first item to the invoice as you normally would. If you wish to bill a second, similar part - select MISCINVT ('Other'), then add the part name in the description field.
- Safelite Solutions Team